Saturday, February 23, 2008

Yawn....

I always liked this song (Right-click and "save as"). It rocks with just enough force to reckon that of... say... this song (Right-click again), just not as scary. I mean ghosts are a scary subject, but getting killed always out frightens imaginary things, for me anyway.

What really keeps me up late in the night are statements from Karl Sabbagh. He said, "Our brains may never be well enough equipped to understand the universe, and we are fooling ourselves if we think they will.

Now, this man wrote about the Riemann Hypothesis, and I cannot begin to scratch the surface of its intent, nor dumb it down enough to satisfy my weak realm of knowledge. But my futile mind can accept and respect the idea that humans may not understand the universe. I understand that the more I learn, the less I know, but that is a cliché phrase and just cements Mr. Sabbagh's suggestion of how (in)capable our minds are. It's like Franz Ferdinand covering (you know the drill, right-click...) LCD Soundsystem, it should not be, but it does sound nice.

I guess I'm just suffering from the Lewis Thomas Syndrome, which I read about in an Outland cartoon. Sad, huh?

No comments: